INTRODUCTION

Talofa! (Hello) This blog is for friends & family to follow me as I partake on my 3rd overseas missionary journey. I’ll be in Samoa and American Samoa for 5 weeks this summer, sharing my experiences as well as prayer requests & praises on this site! I am so grateful for a new opportunity to help people spiritually & physically!

There is no greater joy than working for the Lord & knowing that nothing happens outside of His control. The peace that comes from knowing you’re right where God wants you is indescribable!! I plan to travel and share the gospel and love of Jesus Christ as long as the Lord permits!

If you have supported me through prayer or funding, I can’t thank you enough!! If you haven’t supported me yet but are still interested in what I’m doing, I hope you enjoy my blog. Fa'afetai (thanks) for taking the time to read this! God bless!


Our Team at Church Here in Samoa

Our Team at Church Here in Samoa

Fa'atui (The Visionary who started the school here in 1992))

Fa'atui (The Visionary who started the school here in 1992))

Zephaniah (Fa'atui's grandson)

Zephaniah (Fa'atui's grandson)

S.P.I.C.C

S.P.I.C.C

Our New Family

Our New Family
Can't wait to meet them!!

The Girl's Room

The Girl's Room

Some of My Girls

Some of My Girls

A Product of the Tsunami last Fall

A Product of the Tsunami last Fall

This Church was nearly wiped out from the Tsunami

This Church was nearly wiped out from the Tsunami

After I received news that my Grandma was dying I went outside and this rainbow was in the sky.

After I received news that my Grandma was dying I went outside and this rainbow was in the sky.
GOD ALWAYS KEEPS HIS PROMISES

Monday, June 7, 2010

First Day of School

Today was our first day of school. Nearly 100 students showed up (we were expecting about 80) and there could be up to 30 more new students joining us tomorrow. I'm helping teach 5th & 6th grade (or level 5 & level 6, as they call it here). I'm teaching a lot more than I thought I would (as always). I taught the Reading lesson today as well as the Language lesson. It's hard! I'm really NOT a teacher! I'm also going to be teaching the Bible lesson for 4th-8th grade once or twice a week. I know I grew up learning about the Bible but somehow I feel so unequipped. PLEASE PRAY FOR THE TEACHING. I just want God to be glorified through my udder weakness. It's really tough to have 40-50 kids staring at you and know that their little brains are in your hands!! I know God is in control and I'm sure some of you are thinking I should be better at this by now after South Africa twice, but I'm NOT. It's still very testing and trying! I'm preparing a lesson on the life of Christ for Wednesday. Please pray that goes well. I'm worried! Thanks everyone! TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly,
    I am Fa'atui Laolagi's son, here in Washington State. I cant tell you how much I appreciate what you did and your team there at the school. It is an experience that I would encourage many young (in age) believers to experience, as you are going out in pure faith that HE will be with you and care for you, and encourage you as you step out in total FAITH in TRUSTing HIM.
    I would love to hear your thoughts / feelings / experience with our family, the school, the island, some challenges, some victories as you experienced it all. Did it help you that you knew you were there for only a short while or did that hinder it? Did you want to stay longer or too long? I have been away from home for over 20 yrs, and God is tugging at my heart to return and serve Him through music through the school and churches. Please, when you have a moment, I would appreciate talking/chating with you.
    God Bless!!!
    Tui (BKA) Jr :)

    ReplyDelete