INTRODUCTION

Talofa! (Hello) This blog is for friends & family to follow me as I partake on my 3rd overseas missionary journey. I’ll be in Samoa and American Samoa for 5 weeks this summer, sharing my experiences as well as prayer requests & praises on this site! I am so grateful for a new opportunity to help people spiritually & physically!

There is no greater joy than working for the Lord & knowing that nothing happens outside of His control. The peace that comes from knowing you’re right where God wants you is indescribable!! I plan to travel and share the gospel and love of Jesus Christ as long as the Lord permits!

If you have supported me through prayer or funding, I can’t thank you enough!! If you haven’t supported me yet but are still interested in what I’m doing, I hope you enjoy my blog. Fa'afetai (thanks) for taking the time to read this! God bless!


Our Team at Church Here in Samoa

Our Team at Church Here in Samoa

Fa'atui (The Visionary who started the school here in 1992))

Fa'atui (The Visionary who started the school here in 1992))

Zephaniah (Fa'atui's grandson)

Zephaniah (Fa'atui's grandson)

S.P.I.C.C

S.P.I.C.C

Our New Family

Our New Family
Can't wait to meet them!!

The Girl's Room

The Girl's Room

Some of My Girls

Some of My Girls

A Product of the Tsunami last Fall

A Product of the Tsunami last Fall

This Church was nearly wiped out from the Tsunami

This Church was nearly wiped out from the Tsunami

After I received news that my Grandma was dying I went outside and this rainbow was in the sky.

After I received news that my Grandma was dying I went outside and this rainbow was in the sky.
GOD ALWAYS KEEPS HIS PROMISES

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Leaving in Less than 6 hours

Okay...so I wasn't really that nervous before. Then I began to get nervous while I was packing. Now that our team is back together and we've spent time meeting, talking and praying I feel I am ready to board that plane!!!

We've discussed how insignificant we are and how we can't do anything on our own (therefore anything and everything good we do on this trip will be from CHRIST alone.
We've discussed how we serve an all-knowing, amazing, always faithful, never failing, beautiful, and merciful, Creator & sustainer God and how much we don't deserve to be saved, but we are because He loved us THAT much!!
We also discussed how we need to and should want to share that amazing love with others. We didn't don't deserve God's love but because He has lavished it on us, we should be more than willing to share it with others out of love for them and for God.
We've discussed how we are the aroma of Christ and that whatever we do and wherever we go we should leave behind the sweet aroma of our Savior keeping them searching for more and looking past us to the Lord!

Finally we prayed together with another team from Masters who leaves today to India! It was a wonderful prayer time! Everyone shared prayer requests for home as well as for their trip. We all took turns praying for each other, lifting each other up to God and praising Him for all He has done and what He plans to do in us and through us in these next 2 months!! By the end of our prayer time, a precious peace from God wrapped itself around my soul and I was truly ready to do "all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment